WELCOME TO THE DEFENCE FORCE WELFARE ASSOCIATION (DFWA)
Our PURPOSE is ‘……..to foster the best interests and welfare of all members of the Australian Defence Force and their families in any matter likely to affect them during or after their period of service……’
- Advocating improved ‘pay and conditions of service‘ for serving ADF members and their families;
- Campaigning for fair and equitable treatment, and for fair retirement benefits for all former ADF members;
- Providing Advocacy Services for serving/retired members who have a claim for superannuation, compensation and veterans’ entitlement matters.
DFWA is a member of the Alliance of Defence Service Organisations; (ADSO), which comprises some of Australia’s major military ex service organisations. The Alliance represents a significant number of members of Australia’s Defence Family on national advocacy and representative matters to the Australian Parliament and all political parties. Its aim is to promote and protect the conditions and well-being of the Defence Family that embraces over three million people.
Dec 17, 2014
Dec 04, 2014
- Read and download the latest issue of Defence Force Welfare Association's Camaraderie magazine.
Dec 01, 2014
Nov 25, 2014
- A moving tribute to the men and women of Australia who have played such an important part in safeguarding the shores of our wonderful nation.
Nov 25, 2014
- DFWA is concerned to hear the Goverment has commissioned a study into the viability of selling DHA.
Nov 19, 2014
- Media Statement issued by the National “Round Table” of the majority of Defence and Ex-Service member Organisations